Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Scanography

One Scan

This is my one scan image. I layered a bunch of my jewelry on the scanner and left the lid open. I turned off the lights so was able to get the black background. I liked how the scanner made little shine marks on a couple of pieces of jewelry. I boosted the contrast a little in camera raw.
1. Jewelry: July 12th, 2010; 7:00.; Rexburg, ID; Epson Scanner




1. Big Rocks: July 12th, 2010; 7:10.; Rexburg, ID; Epson Scanner
2. Little Rocks: July 12th, 2010; 7:25.; Rexburg, ID; Epson Scanner
1. Flowers: July 12th, 2010; 7:35.; Rexburg, ID; Epson Scanner

Blend

For this blend I use an overlay blending mode to combine the little rocks and big rocks. Because I used a plastic covering over the scanner so I wouldn't scratch the scanner, I boosted the contrast and warmed up the temperature in camera raw. By boosted the contrast, I kind of got rid of that plastic glare.
For the flowers I used the quick selection tool in Photoshop to select the flowers. I just drug the flowers over on top of my rocks. I thought it turned out nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment